On November 5, 2019 the Assembly of People of Kazakhstan with support of the CICA Secretariat and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Kazakhstan organized a Forum of national and cultural centers of CICA Members States “Civil Society in the CICA region: present status and development perspectives”. The Forum was convened in the framework of human dimension of CICA, Ambassadors of 12 Member States and as well as 4 representatives of CICA member States participated in the Forum.
The Forum was moderated by Zhanseit Tyumebayev, Deputy Chairman of the Assembly of People of Kazakhstan. Concrete initiatives include invitation of Ambassadors of CICA Member States to visit Houses of Friendship working in all regional centers of the Republic of Kazakhstan. These Houses are effective platforms of the implementation of ethnic and cultural initiatives of the centers representing interests of the ethnic minorities. It is well known that in Kazakhstan there are more than 120 ethnic minorities peacefully living and contributing strengthening civil society.
Welcoming addresses to the participants of the Forum were made by:
- Vice Minister of the Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Kazakhstan Mr. Erzhan Ashikbayev. He highlighted that Kazakhstan, in the capacity of initiator of CICA and coordinator of human dimension of CICA work, will continue work on realization of specific events aimed at the implementation of confidence building measures at the wide international CICA platform which brings together 27 states of Asia.
- Representative of Executive Director of the CICA Secretariat, Mr. Dharmendra Singh (statement). Mr. Singh noted that the aim of the Forum is consonant with the objectives of human dimension of CICA and aimed at promotion of dialogue between civilizations, cultures and religions in line with the recommendations of UN High Level group “Alliance of civilizations”.
- Vice Minister of information and social development, Daniyar Esin, presented concept of the civil society development in the Republic of Kazakhstan.
Main speakers of the Forum:
- Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary Ambassador of the Republic of Korea to the Republic of Kazakhstan Mr. Daesik Kim (statement),
- Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary Ambassador of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan to the Republic of Kazakhstan Mr. Imtiaz Amad Kazi,
- Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary Ambassador of the Kyrgyz Republic to the Republic of Kazakhstan Mr. Zheenbek Kulubaev (statement).
The event was held at the venue of and with support of the Academy of Public Administration under the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
Please follow the link in order to see media coverage of the Civil Forum convened together with the Assembly of People of Kazakhstan, Conference on Interaction and Confidence Building Measures in Asia (CICA) and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Kazakhstan.